Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Pariahs at The Comet


The Pariahs reunite for an annual show on singer Kevin Donahue's birthday.  He's been extra-busy lately painting rental properties around the Clifton Gaslight district and campus area in anticipation of the fall influx of students.  But there's always time for rock & roll!  This year they played at long-time Northside favorite The Comet.  We love it that The Comet has no cover charge!


Kevin paints other things besides apartment walls.  I've seen some very interesting canvases covered in beatnik hieroglyphics.  He uses animal bones in some pieces too.


Marcy remembers guitarist Bill Weber as a customer back when she tended bar at Daniels Pub.


I can't swear that Bill would remember that, though.


This is not Kevin's "sweetheart" face but he is a nice guy.  He stepped up willing and able when we needed pallbearers at the funeral of Marcy's dad, George.  Gosh, how long ago was that?


Pariah fans crowd in close.


Watch it, that blonde with the tat on her back is trouble waiting to happen.


Best to turn a blind eye sometimes.


Oh, are you still here?  Not seeing ya.


Bill Weber twanging that Telecaster.


I didn't get to meet the bass player.


Kevin still wears that Iron Cross medallion.


It's the old "picture of a picture" trick.


I didn't catch that drummer's name either.


Kevin was also on the production staff of local rock 'zine called "imminent" back around 1992.


The man knows his garage/punk music.


Kevin reeks of attitude!  I mean that in a good way.


Bill means business!


Kevin is calm before the storm.


Watch, this is how it's done.


"Once I get started, I go to town."


"I'm not like anybody else!!"


Best keep 'em at arms length.  Hey, why are all those emergency vehicles flying past the window with sirens wailing?


Driving home, we find that all of College Hill is blocked off by police.


Cops for blocks.


We found that there was a big shoot-out at Shakers.  Welcome to slumburbia.

1 comment:

  1. Not the College Hill I remember from my high school days, very sad. Glad you were at the Comet enjoying the "good" free entertainment! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear from you. Anonymous is OK but I'd appreciate a clue.