Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Anderson State at Mad Frog

We recently got (re)aquainted with Dan & Lisa Johnson on our visit with our mutual friends Dr. Dan & Rosario Johnson.  Dan & Dr. Dan became close buddies in college.  You can imagine the confusion.  Dan & Lisa now have two sons around college age who play in an aspiring band called Anderson State.  This is a big night for them - playing at Mad Frog, breaking into that University of Cincinnati market.  When we were college age, there was a bar on that hill in the picture, called at that time Lighthouse Limited, at an earlier time Reflections (where some great classic rock bands such as Yes performed), and later called Primetime.  In the background is the old St. George church.  I believe it's steeples were blasted by lightning a few years ago.

This mural is inside Mad Frog.  I'm such a nerd, I thought it was Ninja Turtles!

Let's just shut up and let these boys play, shall we?





















1 comment:

  1. Oh YEAH, Reflections and Lighthouse Limited. Now you got me walking down memory lane. Although my first thought with the frog mural was WEBN located at Frog Mountain. Ribbit. Ninja turtles was a close second though . . .
    ~Lili

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear from you. Anonymous is OK but I'd appreciate a clue.