Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday Clearance On Pics & Links

Greetings, my friends!  Once again I'm devoting Friday's post to clearing out my photo archive and Favorites list.  Here's one for my good friend Lili, who posts over on FEARLESS NESTING.  (Hey the pic reminds me of her white pumpkins!)  It's the 10 in 10 Diet.

The 10 in 10 Diet is a total system that makes it easy to transition off meat and cook healthy food conveniently while keeping your grocery bill under $150 a month per person, and reducing our contribution to climate change – think 10% reduction by remembering these 10 key points. It's a way to fast track to a simpler, more peaceful life. It's totally possible to really enjoy food while eating more like the majority of people in the world.

Too many people live just the way the Fat Cats & Corporations want them to live.  To live they way you want, you have to be as self-reliant as possible.  Check out Adventures In Self Reliance for some neat do-it-yourself projects, especially the food.  She has a recipe for Homemade Survival Bars that sounds pretty good, plus fruit leather and such.

You can see what nature thinks of fences.  Robert Frost's poem said "good fences make good neighbors" but he seemed not to agree with his own poem's character who said it.  I feel the same.  I haven't really been all that fond of neighbors since I moved out of Mom & Dad's place next door to Nanny & Grandy, and there was no fence betwixt.  Now, I've been called all kinds of hippy and anarchist for my views on property but my old pal George Carlin reminds us that we all need a place for our stuff.  He says if we didn't have so much stuff we could just walk around.  I got too much stuff - do you need any of it?

Did you ever feel that life was sending you coded message?  Ones and zeroes?  Just me, huh?  It figures.  If your Adobe Flash Player app seems hard to decipher you can get help, and make sure to protect your privacy and security.  You can also get lots of help with your Bleeping ComputerVigilant Citizen deciphers the occult symbols in modern buildings, songs, videos, and movies.

I'm not sure what my little friend here is up to but you can Enhance Beneficial Insects With Native Plants, highly recommended by my bee-keeping friend, Dr. Dan.  Maybe I can identify the little guy with Discover Life, a tool that has over a million and a quarter species pages.  There is also a huge amount of material at Encyclopedia Of Life.

Meet my friend Horace Wyche.  When I first met him he was a pretty skinny dude, then he made the decision to get fit.  He can help you do the same with his Hoss Innovative Fitness Training.

2 comments:

  1. OMGOSH Horace, as I live and breathe! Good Lord he is his own best advertisement. Hi Horace!! Oh and Barry, thanks for the shout out and I believe besides resembling my white pumpkin, that is the most beautiful potter's spiral you showed right there! xo ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lili! That spiral is actually some ironwork on the facade of the building next door to our old cafe in Elmwood Place. And that's not really Horace, that's a bronze statue of some ancient Greek demi-god casting a javelin at his foe ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear from you. Anonymous is OK but I'd appreciate a clue.