Monday, October 18, 2010

Injury report update

So-called legitimate journalists hate bloggers and belittle us at every opportunity, saying we lack credibility.  Therefore, I want to counter that and give you a news update on the young woman who fell in the fire when my band played 2 weeks ago.  As a reminder, I was singing on stage and happened to be looking right at her as she toppled backwards into the bonfire.  As a matter of fact, I was singing at the same place this past Saturday night and I flubbed the lyric because I flashed back to the image of her falling! Initial eyewitness reports said her hands were dripping burned flesh like a melted candle.  That perception may have been a bit distorted by the excitement of the moment.  A reliable source tells me that her name is Amy M and she suffered second degree burns to her hands but also broke her wrist, requiring a couple of pins to hold it together.  Kudos to Paul F who was standing close by and wrenched his back when he quickly yanked the fallen Amy from the bed of hot coals.  Way to go Paul!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you. Anonymous is OK but I'd appreciate a clue.