Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy Anniversary, Mom & Dad!

Happy 52nd wedding anniversary to my Mom & Dad, Jackie & Glen Price.  I took this pic 2 years ago, which is why Dad is doing "Five-Oh" with his hands.  In this day & age when so many heterosexuals have made a mockery of marriage, Mom & Dad are a shining example of what marriage is all about.  Their secret for staying together?  Don't split up!  Marcy & I are following their example, 25 years so far.  Mom & Dad recently sold the old home and moved to Fairfield Glade, Tennessee.  It's real nice down there, but we miss them a lot.  At least it's closer than Florida.


Here's another pic from my backyard archive.  It's our old pal, the cicada!  Look closely, see how it looks like gold leaf here and there on its body, and a little jewel on its head.  The males make such a racket in their masses that the summer nights when they are around buzz like one of the ratchety noismakers you twirl on New Years Eve.  The trees have their empty brown shells left on them after the larvae crawl out, and you can take them and stick them on people's shirts to freak them out.  And yes, they are edible!  They say you can roast them and they turn out a bit like almonds.  I think I'll try them next time they emerge.  I'll eat whatever doesn't eat me first!  Now, if I could only get that gold off of them to pay my mortgage...


1 comment:

  1. Happy 52nd to them there young'ns! Until you pointed it out, I had never even noticed the gorgeous markings on the cicada. Nature sure is purdy. -Lili

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear from you. Anonymous is OK but I'd appreciate a clue.