Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Two-Party System, Downfall of America



So, former wrestler Jesse Ventura agrees with me. The rich part is that my theory compares America's so-called opposing parties to two professional wrestlers. The Democrats & Republicans are just like Hulk Hogan and Macho Man Savage, roaring and blustering and talking trash and throwing each other around the arena, all according to script, taking turns winning according to the script. After the big tussle they go backstage and pat each other on the butt or whatever, then they each take their cut of OUR MONEY and pass the major part on to The Man. We as the audience or as voters are left excited, entertained, and a little more stupid than before.
click picture for enlarged view

And believe me, there is an astonishing amount of money that flows through those parties. Where does it come from? Chances are, not from you, but from the Fat Cats. Where does it end up? I'm not sure, but I bet it doesn't flow anywhere toward you. Who does it benefit?  What does it buy?

click picture for enlarged view
You might call yourself a Democrat or a Republican but I bet you're not really, not any more than somebody  who wears a Bengals jersey and watches a game on TV is really a Cincinnati Bengal.  Their marketing fools people into identifying with them, cheering for one team versus another when they're all part of the same league, getting rich taking money from the regular folks.  Politics has become a crooked sport in America, a rigged game.  I oppose spectator sports on principle and encourage you to muscle up and participate yourself.  Start your own team.

2 comments:

  1. Extremely well written AND illustrated Barry. I agree wholeheartedly, I really do. ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe Bageant, I think he said this, thinks it would be a good idea if our congress critters would abandon their expensive business suits to wear slacks, and bowling shirts embalzoned with the logos of the banks and corporations that own their sorry behinds. At least it would be honest. Barry

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear from you. Anonymous is OK but I'd appreciate a clue.