Thursday, July 15, 2010

In Bleak Midwinter

Forget for the moment that the thermometer in the hall reads 87 degrees.  Forget, in fact that it's digital.  Forget that it's the middle of July.  Time ain't nothing.  I just sneaked over to the neighbors' yard and plucked a single holly leaf for inspiration, came back and put on one of my favorite recordings of "Christmas" music:  The Chieftains piece called "The Bells Of Dublin."

(The Holly and the Ivy, when they are both full grown
Of all the trees that are in the wood, the Holly bears the Crown)

Wolfie loves it!


Chillin'


Forgot to wrap the hose


1 comment:

  1. Awww Barry, I hope that worked for you, those sure are welcoming images right about now, I'm sure. ~Lili

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear from you. Anonymous is OK but I'd appreciate a clue.