Friday, July 2, 2010

Opposite of an Obituary

This morning Dylan's gal Sarina gave birth to Logan Virginia Price, 7 lb 4 oz.  Everything went well and everybody is healthy.


Aw, I feel the same way, my little Loganberry.  My unemployment insurance benefits (not welfare, John Boehner!) ran out weeks ago.  Job & Family Services flipflops on Marcy's medical coverage, now denying it to her.  Our household has zero monetary income, just food stamps.  But today especially we do not despair.

I wish I could write the opposite of obituaries.  The obit tells of the loved ones who have to survive the departed one, the career accomplishments of the past, the community service no more, the creativity extinguished.  I wish I could write "Do not despair, for this baby born today will grow up to cure dread diseases, solve our energy woes, and bring us peace through her enchantingly beautiful art."

I just met Logan this morning and I miss her already.  I can't wait for her to come home.  I just don't know how we'll pay the mortgage.  But we'll be OK.  We come from good stock!

1 comment:

  1. Loving your nickname for your new sweetest of hearts...Loganberry! A big, huge hearty congrats to you and yours Barry. She was just 2 days from being a Yankee Doodle Dandy, huh? Have you decided how you wish to be addressed yet? Me thinks she will have her very cool Grandpa wrapped around her little tiny fingers in no time! Blessings to you Barry! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear from you. Anonymous is OK but I'd appreciate a clue.